These cold rainy cloudy days make me want to cook hearty stews and soups and bake breads and other delectable treats. Nothing makes me happier than lighting some candles, playing a little Paganini, drinking hot tea and creating magick in the kitchen! Well I guess there are other things in life that make me happy too, like a good hair cut and color and french manicured toes!!
So today my kitchen smells of homemade bread and raspberry blueberry scones, mmmmmmm. And for dinner how about a hearty beef stew? Double mmmmmmm. And how about dipping that homemade bread into the delicious sauce! Triple mmmmmm!!!
- 3# beef chuck, cut into cubes
- olive oil
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp flour or arrowroot powder
- salt and pepper
- 1# medium onions, cut into chunks
- 1# small white or red new potatoes, halved if small, quartered if large
- 1# carrots, cut into 1 1/2 in lengths
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp dried thyme
- 3 cups water or beef broth
- Place beef and onions in a large pot with a little olive oil and saute on medium-high heat. Once beef is almost brown, add garlic and continue cooking until all the beef is browned and the onion is translucent.
- Add tomato paste, vinegar, and flour or arrowroot powder. Season with salt, pepper, thyme and bay leaf.
- Add 2 cups water or beef broth, bring to a boil and simmer for 2 hours until beef becomes very tender.
|A delicious bowl of beef stew makes me warm and happy inside|
Still have some zuchinni leftover from the summer harvest? Check out my notes section at Kitchen Witch Coaching Facebook page for a wheat-free gluten-free Zuchinni Bread that'll knock your socks off!
Kitchen Witch Coaching website has been updated! Have a peek!
November Newsletter is coming! I know you won't want to miss a single issue, so if I don't have your email, post it here in the comments section and I'll be sure to put you in my contacts list.