- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats, organic please!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, go ahead throw in some other favorite nuts too, like chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup dried cranberries or your favorite dried fruit or even a combo!
- Preheat oven to 350* On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss oats, coconut and almonds.
- In a small saucepan, melt coconut oil. Remove from heat and stir in honey.
- Pour over oat mixture and toss.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, until lightly toasted, 20-30 minutes
- Place mixture in a large storage bowl and stir in cranberries. Make sure to let the granola cool completely before storing.
|Fresh from the oven granola|
My favorite way to eat this granola is just like a bowl of cereal with some fresh raw milk. It also tastes divine sprinkled in yogurt or cottage cheese. For a snack, cut an apple or banana in half and spread with peanut butter, then add granola on top for a fun treat. Granola can also go with ice cream or frozen yogurt and is really good stirred into a fruit salad.
|Storing the granola|
It looks so pretty, I couldn't stop taking pics!
How do you eat granola?