Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Swooning Over Gerard Butler . . . umm, I mean Basil, yeah Basil

Basil ~ the one garden herb that leaves visions of steamy italian pasta and dark red wine dancing in my head.  The aromatic smell of basil is enough to make me swoon like Holly with Gerry's first kiss in that tear-jerker of a movie P.S. I Love You.  (Okay, she didn't really swoon, she was more dumbstruck and lost for words, but I certainly swooned!) 

The end of summer finds me in the kitchen making more pesto than one human can eat and then trying to come up with as many ways as possible to use that pesto!  Pesto deviled eggs, pesto tuna salad, pesto salami sandwiches, pesto scrambled eggs, pesto hummus, pesto mashed potates.  My kiddos can be sure that whatever they are eating, I'll find a way to add some pesto! 

Classic Basil Pesto
Yield: 1 cup

Ingredients:
  • ½ cup pine nuts
  • 4 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves
  • ½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
  • 1 garlic clove
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  Directions:    
 1. Preheat oven to 350*. Spread nuts on a rimmed baking sheet; toast in oven until golden and fragrant, tossing once, 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Remove from baking sheet to prevent further browning. Let cool completely.
3. In a food processor, combine nuts, basil, cheese and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Process until finely chopped.
4. With machine running, pour oil in a steady stream through the feed tube; process until smooth


Options: Replace basil with parsley or cilantro, replace pine nuts with walnuts
    
 


Enjoy the basil, the pesto and the end of summer because fall is quickly approaching!

And speaking of fall, my
Love What You See in the Mirror program is open for registration!  Just like Holly, you'll fall in love at the offerings in this transformational & empowering program!  
 

With Pesto in Your Heart,
Kristi

And P.S. I recommend eating your pesto while watching P.S. I Love You.  :-)




* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
Love What You See in the Mirror Isn't it time to eat whatever the hell you want, instead of continuing the cycle of dieting failure?

This program is only available for 8 fabulous women who:

  • want MORE out of life
  • are dying to LOVE themselves and the food they eat
  • want to feel FANTASTIC
  • are sacrificing their DESIRES to others
  • want to look AMAZING
  • are stuck and wanting to break FREE
  • want deep and lasting CHANGE
"I'm happy to say that during those six months with Kristi, I lost 30 pounds, stayed off blood pressure meds, and cut my diabetes meds in half! I'm also finding, thanks to her, that I do have more choices (in food AND in life!) than I'd imagined. I can't recommend Kristi and her services enough!"
~ Jennifer Schildknecht, Danielsville GA


 Now is the time to write your own recipe of your perfection and LOVE what you see in the mirror! 

Click HERE for all the info you need to know!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *  
Kristi Hyllen, CNC CHHC AADP is a recovering sugar addict who loves to share her passion for eating good food without the pain of dieting.  As a health coach she has helped women get back into their skinny jeans, eat chocolate without guilt and love what they see in the mirror.  Learn more about scheduling a one-on-one private empowerment session HERE.  You can read more about Kristi and the work she does by visiting http://www.kitchenwitchcoaching.com/
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment